Congratulations you’ve been asked in for an interview, so what now?
Make sure you sell yourself.
The employer has had to sit through numerous applicants, you have to make sure you stand out and keep their attention the entire time.
So how do you become successful?
Learn to structure your answers.Do not be incoherent, get straight to the point with illustrated answers.
Questions such as:
- Why do you want this position?
- Why are you the best candidate for the job?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
It will maxamise your scoring potential as employers are looking for certain key words, or skills. Blabbering on is not the way to keep their attention or score you well.
And do not forget to add keywords; treat it as you would an essay 😉
- First impressions count, greet with a smile, a firm handshake and make small talk on the way to the room, the weather is a great one!
- Be prepared, re-read your c.v., research the company.You may be asked about salary so research that too.
- Be ready to talk about your knowledge, experience, ability, and skills (repeating and going into much detail about what was on your C.V.)
- Expect the unexpected, the employer most likely may ask you a question such as how would your colleagues describe you? Just appear calm and in control.
- Show energy, humor, enthusiam and smile :).
- If you need clarification for any question ask.
- Be mannerable with things such as “thank you” and express how much you are eager to work in that company.